CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Holy Crapinoli, two posts in one day!

Yup here I am again, for two reasons: 1. I feel compelled to tell you about my dislike of vacuuming and 2. I am procrastinating on the grading. So lets get to the complaining shall we? :)

I cleaned alot of the house today since I had family coming over for the big Rivalry Game viewing. My nephew is allergic to teh kittehs and I have 2 of the little shedders. So I vacuumed for my nephew and well, I hate to vacuum. Not just cause it's a stupid chore, but also because 1. I hate my vaccum and 2. I have some severe dust mite allergies. Have I told you I'm really into listing things by number lately. 1. it keeps everything in order and 2. I'm trying to be more organized and 3. It makes me sound like I have a point, and well usually I don't.

Anyway, my vaccuum sucks and not in a productive dirt removing way. It's a canister vacuum but it has this stupid center filter thing that always falls out when you empty the canister and then you have to pick it out of all the mess you've just vacuumed and you can see the dust coming out of the bag and the filter is horribly dirty anyway and you think "how can this thing even be working at all...". Anyway, stupid vacuum. OH and all the frickin hair that falls out of my head (and its alot unfortunately) gets wrapped around the brush and it starts burning and EVERYONE knows how bad that smells and how hard it is to get rid of that smell. So everytime I vacuum (read rarely) I have have to unscrew the bottom of the vacuum and cut out all the hair. ugh, I have to do this like, at least twice. Damn vacuum. *grumble*

Then there is the issue of my allergy. Whenever I have to move anything that might shake up dust (read: move anything that has sat still for more than 48 hours) I start to sneeze. When I vacuum it is so bad that I go through almost half a box of kleenex. I will be vacuuming and literally snot is pouring from my nose. I was a damn geyser today. I still don't think my nose is back to normal. Damn little IgE antibodies and mast cells were releasing histamine right and left today. Stupid goblet cells working overtime. Anyway, I suffered through all that, just for my nephew. And you know he didn't sneeze once this afternoon. So I guess it was all worth it. :) He's a good kid, and he loves science so it was the least I could do hugh? I'm a fantastic aunt, they came over and had hot chocolate WITH marshmallows, and mac and cheese and orange soda (it was actually diet but don't tell them that). They loved it! ;)

Oh as for the procrastination part, I just have exams to grade and well, who ever wants to do that. But I should do at least a little bit. I always put it off and then I'm scrambling at the last minute to get them done on time and I always think back and tell myself "If I had only split them up and gotten a few done each day, I wouldn't have to do this." *sigh* so I'm going to try and be responsible like my buddy Westexgirl and get things done in a time frame that makes my life easier, not harder. So here's to you WTG, I'm grading in your honor!

Bleh, sorry, but bleh.

Fox :)

0 comments: