First things first, obviously my look has changed here, I thought the other template was a bit bright for fall/winter and I was looking for something a little more fall/winterish, however, I'm not sure I succeeded, but I do like this template and color scheme much more. It feels much more peaceful, and just me. So I hope you like it, I do. :)
On to the subject of vanity, at work we have directories posted at the entrances to our office suites. They have our Names, titles, office numbers and a headshot. That way if students have been so clueless as to not even know our names they can always wander around campus and possibly identify us by sight, this is assuming they have been to class to see what we look like. Or perhaps they can wander about campus simply popping in on each Biology Professor and ask, "Are you my professor?" Kind of like the little duckling in that book "Are you my Mommy?" Except, not quite so cute. with these pictures posted it increases the chances of them finding us hiding in our offices, hoping they don't find us hiding in our offices. Anyway, I was contacted by the person who organizes the directory to update any info that needed updating. Well my name needed updating (I've been married for 3 years already) and my official title needed updating (thats right all you peons out there! I'm a full PROFESSOR now, not just Ass(ociate) Professor!). Then I asked, "Can I update my picture?" My previous picture is not so flattering. First of all my makeup was way to bland (not enough color, I look dead) and my hair was too long (hello crazy pentecostal lady!) and my face was way way to round and full (a bit too much weight). I have since gotten a cute haircut/highlights, lost some weight (23 lbs to be exact, but who's counting?) and spiced up the makeup. Oh, and my picture for some reason did not have my characteristic head tilt and cheeleader smile that every single one of my ID pictures has. I needed to have the head tilt to make it right, to make it me.
So I took a copious amount of time to fix myself up this morning, and came in for my photo shoot! Ok so it was infront of a white film screen, but I saw the pic and it came out perfect! Head tilt and signature smile! It took 2.3 seconds.
I know this post is worthless without pictures, I would love to put up the before and after. But I can't, I don't have the pictures, but suffice it to say what shred of vanity I have has been satisfied today. Today I feel like a supermodel! Ok, a supermodel sitting in a messy office, in an outfit from Target, eating seasonal Hershey kisses. but a supermodel nonetheless!
Fox.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Obvious Changes and vanity
Posted by redfox1218 at 10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ah yes, the signature head tilt. No picture is Foxy without it.
Post a Comment