First things first, I learned today to give thanks for the ability to go to a Chik-fil-a everyday if I want to (good thing I don't, I'd be as big as a house) My inlaws who have been married for 43 years today (gives you an idea of their age) and have lived in Texas their entire lives, have never had Chik-fil-a until today. Oh the humanity! No man woman or child should have to suffer that kind of life. *sigh*
I drove my inlaws into the city to the hospital because their daughter was undergoing liver surgery today. Now their daughter is 40 and the hospital was MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the most wonderful institutions of medicine in the world, honestly. By the grace of the good Lord above, her liver tumor was not malignant, and the surgery went beautifuly, better than expected even. During her surgery, we waited and walked around the hospital, went to get lunch etc. and everywhere, I obviously saw, patients. It is a hospital after all. I saw cancer patients who were bald, cancer patients who were emaciated, patients who while not so bad off, looked tired as all get out. I saw patients out walking with tubes emanating from their bodies and hooked up to 3 or 4 bags filled with different colored liquids which I can only guess are pain meds, fluids, chemo? They were pushing bags and monitor machines along with them as they made their way to the cafeteria or out to the garden for a bit of outside air. I saw waiting rooms full of people reading, sleeping, talking quietly, putting together puzzles, just waiting. waiting anxiously, worriedly, with deep furrows on their brows as a loved one was being treated or operated on.
I saw people who were in their dark hours, these were the times we all fear. What is the one thing we all (i'm certain) pray for? "Please God, take care of my family, keep them safe and healthy." These people in some fashion or another, had not fallen under that category. They were not healthy, they were not safe. I am in no way trying to say God didn't heed any prayers or that God had not held these people in his hands. Nay, he was cradling them close at this moment. People of all races, ages, and creeds touched by Cancer. *sigh* Enough rambling, I titled this blog entry as Thanksgiving. I gave thanks today that while I may have my issues, that the good Lord has seen fit to take care of my family and keep them safe and healthy. Thank you God.
I also felt the need to volunteer at MD Anderson, I'm going to mull that for a bit. So many people who have a need, what do I have to give?
-The Fox.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Thanksgiving
Posted by redfox1218 at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment