CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 12, 2006

Grocery shopper

Ok, I'm going to make a concerted effort 1. to blog more than once a semester and 2. to be more positive in my blogging. I guess I just don't feel the need to blog until I feel the need to complain, sorry blog world. Anyway here goes.

So I finally got my grocery list together and decided to head to the Krogers instead of HEB. Armed with my new (re) found sense of financial independence/thriftiness (don't ask why new (re) found, its a long story not to be recounted here) I decided to find out if indeed Kroger was significantly more expensive than the HEB. So I set off on my financial expedition. After purchasing my weeks groceries I came home and pulled out old HEB receipts and compared prices for the same items. Turns out, over the long haul, Kroger is only slightly more expensive about $0.60 - $1.50, cumulatively. So, I can shop where ever I like. Wow, I know you were glad to hear that conclusion. But now my dilemma comes in that well, while Kroger's produce is more nicely displayed and somewhat better quality, their Seafood collection is PATHETIC. *sigh* what to do, what to do. Over all the Kroger is a somewhat nicer if more suburban shopping experience. The HEB, while a bit darker in appearance has a nicer selection of "urbanish" products and feel. Oh, the decisions! I tell you, my life, it could be on day time TV and I don't mean Springer. I suppose thats it for now.

Oh but I have to say I am soooo jealous of Westexgirls scrapping finds.

Ok gotta go make dinner before the DH comes home, I'm so domestic. *snicker*

0 comments: