CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 17, 2007

10 things on my mind right now, ala JustB

Well B, here they are raw and uncensored!! (eep!)


1. I am so starting to get freaked about Hurricane Dean. Yes I know it is many many miles away, but its coming ever closer. As the great red swirling blob inches closer on the TV screen my anxiety inches higher. *deep breath* ok, keep it together, keep calm. Batteries-check, candles and waterproof matches-check, bottled water-check (enough?), I think we are mostly ready, but, still and I know everyone has started to run out and buy stuff. The feeling that I need to run out with them like lemmings is really kind of overwhelming. *sigh* keep it together.


2. I hate my husbands boss. I will not elaborate further except that some days I wish he would drive into a tree.


3. I wonder if I shouldn't buy meat on Monday's trip to the grocery because hell what if the lights go out next week. You know cause that damn hurricane that may or may not hit here.


4. Damn, I SHOULD NOT be eating these Pepperidge Farms Chessmen chocolate cookies. OH but they are SO GOOD. I always said that if Oreo decided to start selling just the chocolate wafers of their cookies alone I would buy tons, I love the crispy crunchy chocolate cookie part. These chessman cookies taste alot like those, mmmmmmm.

5. Maroon 5 sounds like crap live (at least on the Today show right now they do) Good thing I have never paid to see them in concert. Don't like em that much anyway.

6. I gotta run to the bathroom, hold on a second.

7. Ok back. I babysat the 2 year old niece yesterday, she is the cutest little thing, but I was still kinda nervous. All went well and she still loved me tons when the day was over so I guess I did ok. I have to say it is the best feeling in the entire world to have a little one like that love you and tell you so. In fact when they tell other people that they love you, it just about makes you go stupid in the head. My sister always tells me my niece gets excited when she knows she is going to see me. She claps and smiles and says my name. Warm, warm fuzzies. If it feels this good when its just my nieces and nephews I can't imagine what it must be like to have a child that loves you. Evidently I will actually go stupid in the head. That would explain alot of parental actions....


8. I HAVE to get stuff done for the start of the semester, I have utterly and completely slacked these last 4-5 weeks (good Lord has it been that long already?)Sheesh. Just not getting motivated.

9. I am totally going to reorganize the food/scrap pantry (ya like that? Scrap Pantry? I do, it sounds vaugely (sp?) artistic but not pretentious like "scrap studio") Anyway all my crap is everywhere, and it needs to get back to some semblance of organized, oh and labeled so I can find it once I have put it away. I struggle with that, my stuff is usually so "out" that I can't find it once its "put away". I feel an urgency to do this since I had all summer and um, yeah, school starts again Monday. *sigh* Oh yeah and I'm putting off #8.

10. Umm...hmm, I think maybe I should get showered and out of pajamas, *shrug*.


4.

0 comments: