CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Catch up

Ok lets see I gotta catch up on news since last week.

I suppose the greatest news is that SIL and her husband have adopted a beautiful baby boy!!! HOORAY! I was so totally happy when I got the phone call from my husband. They are so in for a big change. They have been married about 12 years now and well, you get kinda used to doing things and going places pretty much when you want and how you want and well adding in a baby in the mix really changes things. Not that I would know since um, well I don't have kids but I've see my family changed by children and thats what everyone says so, I believe em. In fact it is that change in lifestyle that one of my friends is so scared of. She is in control of her life now and having a baby will change it and cause it to be a bit more "out of control" that scares her little ol' control freak self, so she is scared of having children. I'm scared too, but at least I know, in this life you just gotta let go, alot. So anyway, Baby boy comes home Thursday, we are so very happy and excited for them. They've been waiting about 2 years, its amazing to think just how much this baby was wanted. Lucky lucky him!!

Other interesting tidbits.... I went to my nephews 1 yr birthday and um, you would have thought it would have been something nice and quiet and just for family right? Nope. like 10 kids ranging in age from 6 months to 10 yrs, about 20 adults and a clown, moonwalk, finger foods and cake. It was insane. All for a one year old. It's kinda strange but I think my BIL did this to show off. *shrug* but I can't say for sure. What I can say is it was sensory overload. Like my other BIL said, we live fairly quiet lives, you know, not in the big crowds or bar scene. We like sporting events, but to be in one house with that many people and kids it was pretty crazy. But it was fun and I'm glad we could celebrate with the little guy ( and about 30 of his closest friends).

I went to a card making class at the local LSS. Totally dug it, but for some reason ran into my usual having fun phobia. I don't know why but I get shy about going to new events that I have never been too with people I don't know. I like meeting new people and once I get there I know I will have a fun time (hence fun phobia), but for some reason I just don't do it often. Well that will change, from now on, I am going to go to more crops/ classes I want to find some scrapping friends! That and I LOVE this store, it just feels good, it feels like a good scrapping home. except that its a bit far, though not that far, about 20 to 25 minutes away, what in Houston isn't 25 minutes away?

Ok I guess thats it, I gotta go, starting classes tomorrow, a whole new set of students. Here we go again, once I'm done it will be mom and dads anniversary and less than a month away from Mander's wedding. Yikes!!

Better go get ready.
Fox

1 comments:

Plastic said...

No fun phobia allowed with us!!!!