Ok just got back from the fertility Dr. which in and of itself is kind of funny, I always think of kokopeli when I say "fertility Dr." We now have a real plan for getting pregnant, it involves lots of medical intervention (though not as much as could be). It's completely and totally unromantic, or "magical" or even marginally normal. *sigh* I hate that my body has decided to not do the one thing that God told a womans body to do. Ovulate. *sigh* Stupid body. Stupid ovaries. *sigh* *frustration* *feelings of failure* I know, I know, there wasn't really anything I could do, at least I don't think so. It's just not what I ever envisioned, then again, I'm certain SIL didn't ever envision not being able to have kids at all, so. I'm happy that the Dr. seems to be positive that this should work well. Cross your fingers. Much better yet, light me a candle and pray.
-Fox
Monday, August 21, 2006
Let me pencil that in.....conceive child.....
Posted by redfox1218 at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Candles burning all over the place (I'm telling you I should be the Godmother of this child) ;) and prayers being said all of the time.
I could write a book on fertility treatments. It makes things so "mechanical." You get sick of people telling you to just "relax and it will happen." I was ready to beat people up for saying that to me. They mean well, but really, it's pretty insensitive.
I'm not going to tell you to relax. I am going to suggest that you take one day at a time, don't expect too much out of yourself or your DH and remember what your ultimate goal is - - to have a family. Be open to what God has planned for you. His timing is not always ours. His plans are not always ours.
We did invitro once and it failed. I'm not saying that to frustrate you or depress you. I'm saying that *because* I am now the mother of two adorable, adopted boys. I will never know the joy of feeling a child grow inside of me. I will however, be forever blessed by God's gifts through adoption!
My prayers are certainly with you.
Post a Comment