I effing hate Christmas cards.
Which is extreeeemely ironic since I like making cards to give away (when I have time, which is never). In fact I'm making some Christmas cards today.
I don't hate getting Christmas cards, in fact I rather enjoy that alot.
I don't hate sending Christmas cards, except for the deadline factor of it all (did I mention I'm a procrastinator?). Oh and having to send them out of formality, like to my husbands coworkers. I hate them, I mean really, h-a-t-e, hate them. I do not want to send them anything. I already don't like having the amount of contact I have with them, why put up any pretense that I like them and would like more contact with them even in U.S. Postal mail form? It's just a farce really.
Anyway, the part about Christmas Cards I don't care for is the writing of them. What do you write? Especially when the card already says it all: Merry Christmas! I hate to just do the exceedingly impersonal same old thing in everyone's card. What is the point? If I can't even personalize your card, then what meaning does it really have? *sigh* I don't know.
Oh, and the other issue is my handwriting. It's horrible. It's not cute, I don't have some kind of interesting look to my scrawl. It is simply not good. It looks like a 4th grader filled out the card. My first grade teacher Mrs. Simenou told me "Now redfox, why don't you have nice handwriting? Look at Andrew here, he has such nice handwriting."
Thanks lady, I'm scarred for life.
Anyway, I would prefer it if I could just run my cards through my printer, I have tons upon tons of cute/lovely/appropriate fonts available and then I could write something witty and sweet. But no, I have to scrawl some kind of something in my own handwriting on these d*mn cards. Then I thought I had some labels I could at least use to address them. Nope, all out of labels. I suppose I will handwrite those too. I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up in Uganda, or Kazhakstan or something.
In scrapping, there has been this trend to go back to your own handwriting on your LO's. Ummm, no. Yes I know my descendents may want to see my very own handwriting, but you know what? I don't care I'm making most of these LO's for myself anyway (scrapping heresy!!). I don't want to write on them, I want someone elses writing on them.
Ok tangent over. And those are my personal Christmas Card issues.
-fox
Sunday, December 17, 2006
my personal Christmas Card issues
Posted by redfox1218 at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't feel the need to write anything personal. A personal signature from both me and the dh is all you get. Because I *made* the card... I thought enough of you to *make* the card rather than support the sweet little MD Anderson kids and buy theirs... so no fancy note. No short note, either. And I also thought enough of you to deal with the post office... and that means a great deal.
And as for the rest of it... coworkers and such... you know my feelings: no real sentiment for you then no card for you. But that's just me.
And just so you know... seeing your handwriting on something in my mailbox makes me happy. Because it is from you and that makes me happy.
Humbug.
see,..I take the EAZzzzy WAY OUT.
Directions...
snap a picture.
take to walgreens. (take 2 weeks to pick them up even though they were ready in an hour when you dropped them off 2 weeks ago)
stuff.
seal.
send.
I write nothing on them. Walgreeens stamps some "happy holiday" something or another on there and that's good enough for me.
I'm with Shannon. If you can just get the dang things in the mail...well then dog gonnit I think that says alot!! It seemed to take a lot of effort for me anyway! lol :)
Post a Comment