CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Deoxyribo....ase?

I will remember this day as a not so good day of teaching. It was bad and I made up for it in my afternoon class, but ugh that morning class, I apologize. First off I was tired anyway, not enough sleep (speaking of which I should be going to bed now as I write this) the last few nights and then on top of that it was a dark, drizzly morning. Perfect for staying in bed and sleeping through class (that is if your not actually GIVING the class). Anyway so I get to class, start in on my lecture and crap, its even making ME sleepy. Then I forget the damn name for DNA. I literally WENT BLANK. I kept saying the first part, Deoxyribo...... Deoxyribo...ase? *brain: "no thats not right".* Deoxyribonuclease? *brain: no, still not right."* Then I told my students, "see this is why you need to get proper sleep before the exam, writing deoxyribo something on the exam is not correct" Finally after I tried a couple times, my brain unjammed and it came to me. Deoxyribonucleic acid. I was so ashamed. How could I forget something so fundamental to biological science? *sigh*

I made up for it in my second class, hell I think I was even vaguely inspirational at some points. Sorry, morning class, I was so discombobulated this morning, but you know sometimes, I want to skip class too. But alas I cannot. *sigh*

Fox

2 comments:

Yoda said...

Damn, I hate moments like that. Inside your brain you are looking around for it: "Where's that effing term? I just had it. I use it all of the time. What did I *do* with it????"

Yep, that totally sucks. Happens to the best of us. Sorry, friend.

~B said...

I'll quote J for you. Ouchy. At least you can laugh at yourself. Chances are - since they're all college kids - they'll just get drunk this weekend and will kill a few brain cells and not remember your little slip.

Onward and upward my friend. Onward and upward.