Ok so it's been awhile, I've been busy with my summer class what with grading and reviewing lecture and trying to be an all around awesome, fantastic prof. Oh speaking of which, I have a couple of stories to relay concerning weird students. Much like Westtexgirl students make incredible fodder for blogs.
Anyway, tonight a fabulous treat for you. It is my first installment of "Foxy's Movie Review" Now don't get too excited, dh and I don't get out to the movies as much as we'd like, but we are both must have popcorn at the movies kind of people, and we both really love movie popcorn so, we will have to go back if for nothing than the popcorn, so hopefully we'll have a second installment of "Foxy's Movie Review". Ok now that the longevity of the Review has been settled, on to the actual movie review.
Movie: Knocked Up
Grade: A
I loved this movie! At first glance you may think it's kind of a chick flick, you know, responsible, beautiful, upwardly mobile girl gets knocked up by pot smoking, irresponsible, slightly chubby, but goofy and lovable guy. The ending is pretty much already set, don't worry I won't give it away *wink*. However, not only does it have its sweet, sigh inducing, ice cream out of the carton with your sister moments, it also has crude, bong smoking, boob viewing, hysterical guy humor. It is officially an excellent movie for both men and women (as long as well, you can both appreciate, boob and butt crack humor which I most certainly can).
The characters are actually quite real and surprisingly relatable. The sisters issues with growing older (*ahem* WTG), and she and her husband's marital issues will cause married couples all over the theatre to bust a gut laughing in recognition ("Girl,you tell him! That is soo true!") It's one of those movies where you think, "wow, this is so ______ and _______" thats exactly how it all started for them. I found myself crying in various parts of the movie, though I think I was in a bit of a ultra sensitive state seeing as it's all about being pregnant and well, I am trying my darnedest to get to such a state. Anyway I think it's a movie that anyone could find themselves getting a little "misty". (Especially if you're artificially hormonal due to frequent injections of infertility drugs, I'm just sayin')
I loved the "stoner" friends, I loved the sex scenes (yes, there are sex scenes) and I loved the ending. I truly recommend this movie to anyone who wants a fun time, plenty of laughs, jokes about pubic hair and large bongs, and who wouldn't want that?!
Now I'm going to get more popcorn, save my seat!
Foxy Out!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Foxy's Movie Review Ta-Da!!
Posted by redfox1218 at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment