CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 04, 2006

CEO of Culinary Arts Inc.

In my marriage, I am in charge of our nutritional decisions, and preparing such decisions such a manner as to be edible. I find this ironic seeing as how I had a hard time making nutritional decisions for myself as a single person (often making hideously bad choices as anyone looking at me could tell) and now I am making decisions for two people. Not only do I have to decide what we are to eat each day, I am also the one to procure said food and prepare it each day. This whole situation in and of itself is ok, I don't mind it too much as long as I stay relatively organized with my weekly menu and my weekly grocery list and weekly single trip to the grocery store. It actually works quite well and I'm very proud of myself for being that organized. Organization is a huge feat for me, its a constant battle against personal chaos.
Anyway back to what I was saying. Being the CEO of Culinary Arts Inc (my kitchen) is fine, except for one thing.

My husband is a picky, picky man. *long sigh*

He is not into variety, and he's not into trying anything interesting or new. He has humored me on a few occasions (we've had this discussion many times) and tried a new recipe, only to tell me "well it wasn't my favorite" or flat out tell me he doesn't like it he won't eat it. In these cases I let out a long sigh, feel frustrated and tell him to make a sandwich or something.

I for one, love to cook, I like trying new recipes and new things (though within boundaries, I'll admit i won't try weird new meats or things in other languages, how non multicultural I know, oh well its my damn kitchen) For example, I like making stir fry, and I like trying new little twists, the thing I like best about stir fry is its made in one pan, and it has lots of veggies, it was one of the number one ways I actually ate vegetables. DH, does not like stir fry. *sigh* He doesn't like asian food unless it comes from Pei Wei, and then only one dish, (never ventured out to try something else) or pepper steak, never eating any of the pepper but only the steak. Thats it. Home made stir fry, nope. Water chestnuts, nope, bamboo shoots, nope, bean sprouts nope. Won't even try it.

So now I'm trying to put in some variety to our menu, I'm tired of eating the same damn thing over and over and over. Well its been hell trying to find something that we both like and is relatively easy. I swear, from now on I am going to make food for myself and Mr. Picky can effing make his own food. Augh! The impetus for this post? I just made a whole damn casserole dish of some crazy ass casserole, I will completely admit, not the best, but its ok, I think we could at least finish off the casserole dish of it and perhaps not make it again. Nope. I see myself trying to eat some more over the next day or so and then dumping everything else down the disposal. *sigh* I'm so completely annoyed. I know he's not doing it to make me mad or make life difficult. I just don't know what to do anymore and I refuse to make 2 dinners, just not gonna do it, wouldn't do it for my kids and not gonna do it for a grown adult. I suppose he's gonna eat alot of peanut butter sandwiches from here on out. If he likes what I make great, if not, theres always peanut butter.

Sorry this blog has become the b*tch page lately. Oh well.

-Fox

0 comments: