CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why do I keep trying to fool myself?

I'm currently seated at the local Panera, I'm waiting for the Target to open so I can go get candy for my students exam today, cause thats just the kind of Prof I am, and well, I'm trying to bribe them into not hating me for this exam (*SMACKDOWN!*). It's the day after halloween so I should be able to score the enormo bag-o-candy for cheap. Hell, I may be nice but I'm not rich. their exam actually is pretty good from their stand point, the multiple choice is fairly simple, though it is only 50% of the exam. The short answer is kinda long, but I think good. If they've studied they should be fine.

Ok now to the fooling part, I got my happy savory scone and a small coffee. The scone, quite good, (though for some reason not soothing me in its usual way) but the coffee, *sigh*, why do I get the coffee? Do I get it because as westtexgirl said in her blog, it feel grown up? yes, thats one reason. Another is, its generally cheap (unless you are at Starbucks obviously). I however do not like coffee, I just don't and this coffee is particularly not good. Is it me or the coffee? I don't know. There is however some coffee I do like. Someone in the office suite shelled out a few bucks and got some awesome coffee at Central Market and *brought it to work*. I must find the lovely soul and thank them for the nutty, rich, but sublime, subtle coffee they have brought. Usually its some super strong, dark black, sting your nose brewed Folgers. So I guess I like coffee, just fairly expensive rare coffee (probably not so rare), with plenty of creamer and sugar mind you. Hmm complicated, why does that not surprise me?

Coffee is one of those coming of age things. You couldn't drink it as a kid, only grown ups drank coffee. I think for me it comes down to the fact that it is a socail anchoring point. It's always good times/stories/cries/news/ etc. shared over cups of coffee. It's the "how do you take your coffee" question, no one faults you now for having a complicated coffee ritual, in fact, if you don't, your the odd one. I guess like westexgirl said, its the coffee mystique.

*sip* *Blech!!* Yeah you can effin' keep your nasty bitter mystique self..... give me a caramel apple cider easy on the caramel and no whip anyday..... ;)

Targets finally open.....*phew*


-The Fox

0 comments: