First of all, sorry for the paranthesis issues going on in my previous post, it was late and I was (am) tired.
Also, the brickle candy, I like it much more this morning, in fact it's kinda crack like, though I think I'll play around with the recipe. I like the toffee part much more than the chocolate part, and it would be much better with cashew or peanuts. I used pecan pieces, I didn't have anything else and I sure as hell wasn't going to the store AGAIN, Dh would have killed me, I would have killed me. I'm going to experiment with the recipe a bit. I think make it more of a toffee/nut few chocolate chips thing.
Here's the recipe so you have some clue what in God's name I'm talking about. Oh yeah and I need to get my butt moving, supposedly I"m leaving for my parents house in 35 minutes. Ha! I haven't even showered yet. Ok bye everyone!
Club Crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Chocolate chips
Nuts (cashews or peanuts)
Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and spray with non stick spray.
lay out club crackers forming a sheet of crackers on the cookie sheet.
On stove melt butter and brown sugar and keep stirring until it thickens and most all liquid is absorbed.(about 5 minutes) Pour crack liquid (hee hee) over crackers covering all crackers, then put cookie sheet in 400 oven for 5-8 minutes. Remove sheet from oven, sprinkle liberally with chocolate chips, then with nuts covering the sheet with chocolate and nuts (I'm thinking of reducing the chocolate part significantly). Then place cookie sheet in freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer, let stand overnight and then break into pieces and become diabetic instantly and gain a jillion pounds. Can be stored in an airtight container so it looks like you won't eat it all in one day.
Have fun!
Fox
Monday, December 24, 2007
Addition to previous post
Posted by redfox1218 at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment