CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 24, 2007

I love Bakers Joy* and I'm tired of sugar (sort of)

Ok here I sit at 1:05 am again.I've been up past midnight at least 3 nights this week. First furiously working on handmade Christmas cards (Don't worry if you didn't get one (and you actually know me personally) You'll get a New Years Card). Then wrapping all our gifts for everyone except the ones for me and Dh's secret santa on my side of the family at least he did those, though begrudgingly. Then, today well today I was insane here is the rundown:

Woke up 8 am (after going to bed at 2 am)
First thought: Crap, I'm already late for the grocery store, everyone will already be there!
8:45 - get to grocery store for last minute holiday cooking/baking ingredients
9:30 - get home unload groceries, then for some ungodly reason felt the need to straighten and sweep before I begin my marathon day of baking.
10:15 am - get out list of cookies/pie etc to make, all ingredients and tools (seriously I had it all out for easy access, made the process go so much easier
List: Santa's Whiskers (all time favorite), Orange Cranberry swirls (too much damn work, Sugar cookies (ok I cheated used the pillsbury kind), Orange shortbread (love these, they've become a staple Christmas item, Macaroons (these were a spur of the moment addition), 1 and half apple pies (I had too many apples already peeled and cut so I made a smaller pie/tart, and Brickle candy (new recipe, not too fond of it, too sweet). Oh and 2 pans of jiffy cornbread for the stuffing/dressing I'm making tomorrow.

WTF was I thinking? Someone please tell me. *sigh*

10:30 am turn on oven to preheat.

The damn thing did not get turned off until 10:30 pm.

Yup thats right. 12 HOURS STRAIGHT that oven was on. My electric bill is going to be through the effing roof. I did take the occasional break, I went to Quizno's to pick up sandwiches and the store one last time (I needed more eggs, turns out I didn't after all, don't tell Dh). Then I also took a break and ate dinner. Oh yeah and I did 3 loads of laundry. None of them are folded or put away, but by God, the clothes is clean even if it is a little wrinkled.

OH and I cleaned all the the dishes etc from said baking marathon.

Then wrapped the last of Dh's presents, a few other ones, loaded the car with the gifts, cut the bread for the stuffing, laid out the items I will have to take with me tomorrow, made alist of items I need to take with me so I don't forget anything.

Never in my life have I been so fricken domestic. And I don't even have kids that I"m doing this for, but now that I think about it, I could do it because I DON'T have kids. When I have kids I think I'll be lucky if I can squeeze some cookies out of a tube. Oh well anyway I think it's time to go to bed. I'm getting crosseyed and loopy. I am exhausted. I would like to enjoy this Christmas that I've worked so hard on. *sigh*

Merry Christmas, and God Bless us everyone.

Redfox

*Bakers Joy is an incredible product that is a nonstick spray but also puts a super fine layer of flour on the baking pan, and works at high temperatures. It has changed my life forever.

0 comments: