CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thoughts on the 32 year mark

Well, I've been 32 for 24 hours now and to be honest, it does kinda feel different. I've noticed various differences in the last year or so, like when I cry at night, the next morning my face looks like a puffy, wrinkled mess. WTH?! That has never happened before. I look more tired than I have in the past, my skin is starting to look different, less firm. I have more gray hair than I ever imagined at this age (at least they are in a spot that is somewhat easily hidden)More joints creak when I go up the stairs (though this has greatly improved with yoga gotta keep up with that)I guess what I'm trying to say is I have finally noticed that I am physically aging. It's more weird than distressing. Well Ok, thats a lie, its mightily distressing. I guess I'll have to use those collagen containing, firming, antiwrinkle, alphahydroxy, nutraceutical blah, blah, blah lotions. My mom always told me to use lotion, I never did. Now I kinda wish I had, but just kinda.

On the other hand at 32 I have been in the career of my dreams for 5 years! I've been married to my sweet adoring husband for 3 years. All of my family is finally in the same (albeit) large state with most of them within a 40 minute drive. My parents are both alive, healthy and very active. I have cutie patootie nieces and nephews that love me tons!! :) I have friends who love me and think enough of me to mark my special day with celebration. :) I am blessed enough to be healthy and whole, and while having trouble conceiving, I am again blessed enough to have the means to do something about it. There are days when I am consumed with problems, but those are far fewer than the days I am consumed with laughter.

Of my 11,681 days on this earth, I have been blessed on each and every one.

Absolutely!

2 comments:

Yoda said...

Yay, you!

~B said...

Happy Belated, Fox!