Before we go further, I have been informed by DH that I must make this statement, DH warned against typing or posting of last evenings blog. He also said to mention he wanted no part of my rant, nor contributed (directly) to the rant, and that he was a good sport last night, though disappointed with the loss. I can fully and truthfully attest to that last fact. DH was perfectly well behaved last night after the loss to UT, I seemed to be taking harder than he was though did not make a scene at the game, and decided to keep my comments to my own personal blog. So in other words, his a** is nice and clean, while evidently mine is not. What a way to support me sweetie. *sigh*
Oh lordy, the fallout has begun. In my heart of hearts I was afraid this would happen. Westexgirl, you know we will always be bonded in football by the fact that we will always root against the Red Raiders over ANYONE, and I mean I will root FOR UT in that situation. I will admit, I carried my rant far last night, though, I had also been traffically harangued yesterday at the mall due to a Vince Young "book signing". He *hasn't written a book*, he's signing a book about Texas Football that someone else wrote.
OH FINE, ALL RIGHT, I'M SORRY.
Ok there I said it, though I don't want to. I was never talking about you, or any of your family affiliated with UT. I'm sorry to you, my bestest friend, but I'm NOT sorry to the obnoxious fans who walk around with their chests puffed out feeling like they always ought to win. I know every school has their good side and bad side, I mean come on, I come FROM one! and I have to put up with sh** ALL the time. My own *family* makes fun of my school. My school has some of the most obnoxious fans, but I am not one of them, and as such don't take offense when someone rants about one of THEM. Thus my wonderful friend, you should realize YOU are not one of the people I was talking about last night, and you know it! For you, I was begrudgingly happy for UT, only because I know you love the burnt orange. but for no other reason. I know you wore Maroon, and I always appreciate that, and you know it, and I know you learned yet another goofy hand sign for the coogs game, and again, I'm really glad we shared in that moment, and you know, I was glad you had a great time beating Colorado on Dec. 1st, I was happy for you. And only because you LOVE the game of football and you LOVE the burnt orange was I even remotely ok with UT winning the Rose bowl. Did I not congratulate you? I even *hooked the horns* when my friends Allison and Kathleen (UT fans) left to watch the game. Allison would talk on and on and on about UT's superiority (hence the "could beat the Texans" comment) and I would just silently nod my head and let her revel in her schools talent and good luck. So I have swallowed my words and walked among the burnt orange and not doused their jubilation. In fact I seem to recall several times when I have *defended* their win in the Rose bowl,
DH - "The trojans outplayed them in that game"
Me - "evidently not, cause UT won"
DH - "I'm so tired of hearing about their Rose bowl win"
Me - "Oh let it go, let them have their fun. If it was our school we'd be doing the same thing"
Excuse me if I tire a bit from having to be level headed, I felt like being bitchy last night, and darn it, we almost freaking won, against Texas. that should give you some consolation. That evidently I think so highly of your teams ability that to beat the F***ing powerhouse that is Texas sports I would have been really, really happy. So perhaps while appearing to be a somewhat backhanded compliment, realize it is a compliment nonetheless.
Friend I am truly sorry if my words hurt you, know that I never intended that post for you, hence the word of warning. But sometimes I don't like UT, and for that I will not apologize.
OH LORDY, WAIT A MINUTE!! What the hell is going on here? Augh, the evil blog monster has taken a hold of me!! It has carried me to the seedy underside of the the blog world and has tricked me into thinking that this is reality! This is just a post. *shakes head clear* Wow, that was like that time, I was going to the baptist church and expected them to like catholics.......
*phew* Sorry westtexgirl for the post last night, you know I was just ranting. It's just a game. You know I love you like a sister, and you know I would support your school when necessary. Like when they don't play my teams, which is only fair. The ferocity of my rant I believe was enhanced by my consuming a foot long "super star dog" which was pumped so full of nitrates and nitrites I think I was high.
-praying for grace, the fox. *wink*
Sunday, February 12, 2006
It's not like its offensive religious cartoons or anything
Posted by redfox1218 at 2:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Forgiven. Though a small scar shall always remain. I have two last comments and then the topic can die forever between us: 1)*I* never speak ill of the Aggies without also disqualifying the comment toward the non-crazy portion of their fan base, ie, You. (At least I didn't think you were crazy, *until last night*.) ;) 2)I do root for the icky Red Raiders against the greater evil that is OU. Now returning to my regularly scheduled programming... the olympics, where I *hope* we are rooting for the same team. :D
Post a Comment