CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sports are likegoing back to a slightly abusive boyfriend

First a disclaimer:

To my dearest pal and friend westtexgirl: I apologize for the negativity of the following post, you know I mean no personal harm and I'm kinda PMS-y so take it with a grain of salt. ok like a whole shaker of salt. In fact don't even read this, I implore you, just don't read it.



Ok here goes.

I hate UT. I'm so f***ing tired of burnt orange, and I can't wait for the day when they aren't winning cause it will come, oh yes it will, every dynasty falls and every king cracks, and I will laugh a maniacal laugh that will echo throughout the campus in Austin and up the belltower and ring like the peal of the bells to every corner of the earth. Ok so thats a *little* dramatic.

I'm really upset because I just got home from the Rice/UT baseball game. The game was really great, it was a close game the whole way, but oh I wanted to win so bad. Somewhat for myself but moreso for my dh. His teams don't win much and it would be great if he could go home a winner, especially against his arch nemesis UT. And it looked like it was going to happen, we made a winning run in the 9th inning and we went into the bottom of the 9th only needing to strike out the UT team, which I knew would be difficult, they do have a good team afterall, but Rice has a great baseball team as well, they won the whole enchilada in 2002, not bad for a school of less than 5,000 students (freaky genius students I might add, I saw one tonight at the game with a physics book in hand). So anyway knowing that a game is never over till IT IS OVER. I didn't celebrate too soon, which some people were doing, and sure as sh** UT has one guy on base and the guy up to bat has two outs and knocks it out of the park. s** of a b****! I was dumbfounded and crestfallen!! my mouth slackjawed, while people covered in burnt orange from head to toe (you can't have too many rosebowl shirts you know, especially when you're a bandwagoner) jump up and down with their annoying "hook em" hand sign. AAAAAUUUUUGHH!! I'm soooo tired of you people!!!
And the reason I'm tired of you is not necessarily because you win all the time, but because you EXPECT to win ALL THE TIME. You know humility goes a long, long way. Saying that your COLLEGE TEAM could kick a PROFESSIONAL TEAM'S (Texans) a**, is a bit haughty if you ask me. I'm sorry but, I will *laugh* the first time Vince Young gets sacked by a ginormous linebacker whose whole reason for being is to knock the sh** out of quarterbacks. He doesn't seem to realize he's not pro yet and as Andre Johnson said, "when you get out on that field, you have to prove yourself all over again." I give Vince Young all the credit in the world for winning the Rose Bowl, hell, he did it almost all by himself didn't he? And I hold no personal animosity toward him whatsoever, I don't know him and he seems to be a great guy and I think he definitely has his heart in the right place and he loves his mother, which well, says everything. but augh, please everyone else can we move on from the UT, gush/love fest.

Am I feeling sore from losing? Yes of course, I'm licking my wounds, and you know what, I'm not going to apologize for my whiny, sore loser blog. It is MY blog after all and I can write whatever I like, isn't that the whole point? So if you've read my blog, which I"m not certain why you would since you probably don't know its out here and I'm perfectly content with that, you can complain about it on your own blog, I don't want to hear it. This is my world, and well, here, I run the show. If you don't like it, the metaphorical "highway 6" runs both ways baby, both ways!

Gig 'em! Go Coogs! Hooty-hoo Rice owls! Ram 'em ASU! and finally SAW 'EM OFF!

-The "disgruntled" fox

2 comments:

Yoda said...

Oh. No. You. Dint! And after I wore maroon, MAROON! when A&M played Tech. And after I wore RED, though the color damn near burnt the flesh off of my body, to root for the Cougs, goofy U of H hand sign and all. I am genuinely wounded.

Nee S. said...

Don't worry, Redfox. I *went* to UT and even marched in the Longhorn Band, and I can't stand the grandstanding around there. Of course, I don't really care for sports in general, so that may negate everything I just said. Needless to say, this is one argument Westexgirl and I never have. ;-P

ps. I'm adding you to my blogroll under 'Friends', you lucky thing.