CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wow now I really have something to blog about

Ok, frustration abounds.

First, I must give a "shout out" of "props" to my "homegirls" westexgirl and Nee for the idea for the format of this blog. Now that credit has been handed to those who deserve it. The blog will commence, please stow your tray tables in the upright position. Thank you.

5 things I hate:

1. I hate it when I save something I was blogging as a "draft" and said draft cannot be recovered nomatter what virtual and metaphorical stone I turn over in my blog. Argh, the shining wit and sartorial comments you witness here are the result of spontaneous thought and cannot be recreated. *sigh*

2. I hate it when students look back at me like they are simply "suffering" through my class till they can make it to their next worthless, short attention span interrupting techonological gadget moment. I will be the first to shout the praises of technology, its incredible, its amazing this blog is a good example of the the new opportunities techonology offers people to communicate, express themselves, do business etc. However, techonolgoy coupled with the pathetic attempt of babyboomers and a few there after to soothe their obnoxous offspring with technological playthings has caused us to encourage the growth of beings who have miniscule attention spans, issues with obesity, an entitled attitude of "entertain me or shut up", and a lack of in born creativity. If you hate my class, get the f*** out.

3. I hate students when they complain about the present government, but haven't voted, or they feel like they can smart off about the govt. because they voted for president. Ooooh wow, come back to me when you can name your congress men and women and your local council members. And if I hear one more time, "I get my news from the Daily Show" I am going to go on a shooting spree*! It is a SATIRE!! If you knew what that meant you would understand its not the real news. John Stewart even says so!! Sweet mother of god, please stop vomiting others political beleifs as your own simply because its the cool channel to watch. I would be saying the exact same thing if they were watching FOX news channel. So don't label me a conservative, I love the Daily show and The Colbert report, but I can make the distinction between what they say and reality, and my own opinions.

Ok I've ranted on what I wanted to rant, the rest of this should be pretty quick.

4. I hate seeing dream house on sale and finding it on the internet and it costs $1,050,000.00 *sigh*

5. I hate teaching on days when I feel like this, cynical. I want to love going to my classes, so far, they don't seem to have any good personality. :( then again, it could be my mood.

Things I love:

1. I love my bed, its one reason why I married my husband*, it is the biggest and softest bed I've ever felt.

2. I love my job, no matter how much I b**** about it on this blog, its the best job I could ever have. I really do love teaching, just you know some days...... usually one of these days comes along and I'll be grumpy and then something great happens, like a student has the light bulb go off and I feel great.

3. I love when students interact well with me and each other in lab. It makes things sooo much better.

4. I love scrapbooking paper, the designs, the textures the colors. *sigh* I love to collect it. It's so hard to use it. :)

5. Lastly, I love my life, in general, my life is wonderful. I am infinitely blessed with good things and good people who love me, and I love them. I started this earlier in the day, and well now its about 4:30 and most of my day is over and its gorgeous outside, so things are better than this morning. :)

Ok, thats it for now.

-the fox, 10-4

0 comments: