CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Friendship "Diversity"

Ok so while the title of this entry may be oh so liberal and a touch politically correct, it's not meant to be so. So quit thinking that.

I've come to realize in my 30 years (ee-gads!) that I have ended up with few friends. Plenty of acquantances (sp?), but few friends, real, honest to God, true blue, friends. Not because I'm not a friendly person, I think you'll find that I'm pretty friendly, though some would say hard to get to know *eyebrow raise*. I know, I know how could that be, I'm so outgoing.... but nonetheless I have recognized the wall I put up whenever people get too close. *Flashback* "Why is she telling me all this?!" *end flashback*

Anyway, the friends I do have however are quite good, if goofy, or alarming. though not as alarming as my very bestest friends friends. Westtexgirl has some of the most screwed up friends I've ever met, though while good and hardworking people, whoo man, "dems is some hard lives". Though other friends of hers, for example Nee, are quite wonderful and I say with certainty, delightful! Nee you are hysterical! I've met you in person only once, but I feel like I've been friends with you for years.

Again I digress, The real reason for this post is that I have very recently made a new friend! I mean how many times have you said that since like the 4th grade? Not very many I'd bet. LB is another professor and I actually had a hand in hiring her, which now when I think about it cracks me up. She was certaintly the best candidate we interviewed so it was a well deserved hire. After that initial meeting I didn't see her much, but then we caught up at an office party and we both had our spouses there. It was wonderful to see how well the four of us got along and my brain said *woohoo! couple friends!* well, at that very moment I knew we had to be friends. Now I've learned something from westtexgirl about making friends. Sometimes you just have to pick them and well, stalk them till they become your friends. Especially if they are like me and wanting friends but acting like they don't want friends. Now you must tread very lightly with this friendship making technique lest you be slapped with a restraining order, cause then, well that just "strains" the budding friendship.

Ok just kidding, but I did learn from westtexgirl that I needed to come out of my shell and make a friend or else I'd still have only 2 friends on the planet.

So at the christmas party that year hipchick (I decided against LB, cause well thats boring and the abreviation for pounds, so you know...)
asked myself and DH and another cool couple we both new, to ditch the rest of the party and just hang out at her house! I was so excited, its really stupid to say, but I felt like I was invited by they cool kids to sit at their lunch table! We all had a great time and said we should do it again. Well seeing as we all have lives, we didn't. but the seed was planted.

about a 9 months later, I moved my office, to another building and a windowed office, *singing* "We're movin' on up, to the east side.... we finally got a piece of the pie" *end singing* Well hipchick was the one who told me about the office, we still had a very fragile acquantance type of relationship at the time, and I moved. Well since then we've found that we both like to scrapbook, and we both love to talk. We finally went to lunch and go see a movie, Brokeback Mountain. Well once you've shared a high fat, high carb meal and seen two men having sex on a widescreen together you are officially friends I would say.

So I've made a new friend, who knew a gay cowboy movie could do all that?

Ok just a joke, it was a good line. So anyway, I'm excited I've made a new friend, certainly not to replace any others. I can't imagine talking to anyone but westtexgirl on the phone every single day. (well except dh, but you know, we're married so I kind of have to) I think I am also on the verge of having another friend, but I think she is also much like me in that, she would like friends, but kind of has that wall thing going on. So evidently I need to stalk her too until she becomes my friend. (just a little jokey joke, ha ha.)

Ok enough rambling for now I will ramble more later. Be certain to watch for the next installment of my incredible wit.

Redfox, over and out.

Redfox, over and out.

1 comments:

Yoda said...

I may be a stalker, but at least it is in a totally loveable way!