CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Learning Modalities

Hey Yoda! Thanks for the website! I really like it, and learned a bit about myself. I totally want to use it for my students.

My VARK results:

Visual- 11
Aural - 3
Read/Write - 9
Kinesthetic - 6

I was not surprised by the visual, I already new this, but I would have thought the Kinesthetic and the Read/Write would be switched. However, I kind of see the Read/Write as kind of a visual thing. I can see the words on the page kind of thing. Hmmm, I also thought this was an interesting comment from the website:

"One interesting piece of information that people with multimodal preferences have told us is that it is necessary for them to use more than one strategy for learning and communicating. They feel insecure with only one. Alternatively those with a single preference often "get it" by using the set of strategies that align with their single preference."

I was classifed as multimodal, and I agree with the statement above. With the airport directions question, first I picked the map, then went back and added the written directions cuase I literally thought "No, they also need written directions just in case they don't understand the map." I really did feel insecure with just the map. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I can't wait to use this with my students, Yay! :)

Fox

0 comments: