CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I feel like such a budgeting loosah (loser)!

I was just on the veggie board and someone asked "what is your grocery budget for a family of 4?" Well I read through some of the comments, and as I went further and further, I realized that many people are spending LESS for their family of 4 than dh and I do for the TWO of us! *sigh* Now I realize many of these people are the crazy coupon/stockpilers, and well I just don't have time for that. I used to try and coupon and it was ok, but when I strictly kept myself to only using coupons for things we normally bought, I rarely had that many coupons to use. I don't do Rice-a-roni, or Go-gurt, or whatever. Oh and if we buy deli meat we like Boars Head, I know it's expensive, but, really thats what we like. Although I have made myself buy the prepackaged stuff cause I just can't bring myself to pay the Boars Head price, but I will admit, I miss it. *sigh*

Anyway, I usually spend around $120 a week for groceries, not including paper goods/toiletries. I get that stuff at Target. Before grocery prices went up we probably spent around $80-$100 a week. Now mind you I had gotten away from my weekly menu making. The menu helped alot in keeping the budget, I just started that again this week, so hopefully I can get back into the swing of that, especially since I'll be at home for the next 6 months.

I felt like such a budget loser. :( I know it's not an earth shattering topic, but I started to wonder if I could really "tighten the belt" if it came to that. I know I could, but I have to admit it would be kinda hard. Dh would definitely have to learn how to embrace more vegetarian meals, no more of this meat at every meal bit. *eye roll* Yoda, I'm sure you could help with that! ;)

3 comments:

Yoda said...

LOL... ours is about $150 a week and that does include the toiletries and paper goods. Go figure.

Yeah, I'll help with that veggie thing. ;)

Yoda said...

Oh, and by the way... just because other people keep their budgets lower...

1. That does not take into consideration the cost of living in their particular area.

2. They probably aren't as financially fortunate as you.

3. Even so, it's not like you guys aren't managing your money and saving plenty. Enough with the guilt already. You are frugal enough.

Freak. ;)

redfox1218 said...

Thank you for the reality check. My dh is rubbing off on me too much. *eye roll*