hey all, I know I have been somewhat AWOL but you all know why. However I am back! I will get Isabella's birth story up soon, I'm still working on it, it's getting long and I think I need to re work it some. However I realize I keep missing out on the little "here and now" thoughts because my blogger screen was taken up with the long story, so I've copied it to Word and will be working on it there to finally post here.
So anyway, for todays post.
I finally was able to force myself to take a nap this morning. I've been getting more and more exhausted and yesterday was pretty bad. by the afternoon I was pumping and hating it. I even started to cry last night simply due to exhaustion and kind of loneliness. I am a people person, I NEED human interaction, and lots of it. It's not a want, it is a need for me and while my baby is human she is a tiny demanding human who while being the absolute cutest baby on the planet is not much of a conversationalist (yet).
So anyway, dragged out of bed this morning when dh left, fed the baby, put her down and MADE myself gingerly lay down with my pillows and a lovely down throw blanket and drift off to a delicious nap. OH DEAR GOD. How I NEEDED that.
Not only that but my 2 sadly neglected kitties came to sit with me. They reminded me that they are still my little companions as they have been for 10+ years. They love me and give me reassuring warm fuzzy bodies to pet and calm my nerves. They reminded me of who I was before a week and a half ago when I added mother to my list of titles.
I finally awoke an hour later to the baby just starting to stir and realized I needed to pump (ow! rock hard boobies!) before Isabella really started to demand a bottle! So I took my sister's advice (why I hadn't before I don't know) and grabbed a magazine to read while I pumped. Wow, 15 minutes, really is NOT that long and torturous. With the nap I came to see my pumping of breast milk as the loving sacrifice I know it is, as opposed to the vaguely degrading, milk cow like burden I had seen it as yesterday afternoon.
So now the 8:00-9:00 nap will be set in place forever. Or at least while my little precious bundle will let me. Speaking of which, she is wanting her bottle! So for now, see ya later!
Fox.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wow, what an hour nap, a couple of cats and a magazine can do for ya!
Posted by redfox1218 at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment