CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Poor Dh, and pass the tums.

I had to get this stupid but funny little story down. I made chili on Tuesday, it's actually super easy, one pound of browned meat, dump in a couple of cans of various items and a seasoning packet and voila, chili. It's one of my go to easy meals, dh likes it, I'm ok with it. We put together frito pies and well then it's pretty darn good.

Anyway, there are always left overs for a couple of days worth of dh's lunches. Well I'd been meaning to clean out the fridge since before the baby arrived. Unfortunately baby arrived and there has been no time for that. I knew that would happen and I was annoyed with myself that I hadn't made myself do it before she came I knew it was a task that would get left behind. OH well, no biggie. Well except that we are running out of containers and room in the fridge. hmmm.

Anyway (I say that alot don't I?) dh took chili for lunch on Wed., then Thursday he took chili again. thats cool we had two containers of leftover chili. He comes home last night and says, "the chili tasted a little funny, this afternoon." he was washing out the container and he said, "see, smell it" I did, and it did smell "funny". I looked at him, I went to the fridge and looked, the 2nd container (a white one, not blue) was still in the fridge. I said, "how many times have you had chili for lunch this week?" he says twice. I'm sure I got this funny look on my face. He says "so that little white spot I ate today was not a little bit of sour cream that got into the chili?" I said, "Um, I dn't think so. We had 2 container of chili from this week, one was blue and one was this white one." I lifted the container out of the fridge. He looks at me, rubs his stomach (starts to grimace a bit) and said "I ate two BLUE containers this week. How long has it been since you made chili before this week?" I looked at the calendar on the wall knowing it had to have been at least 2 weeks-ish. I honestly had no idea how long it had been. I knew it had been at LEAST 2 weeks. I told him as much and he started to look a little green and he asked what would happen to him. I brushed it off and "Nothing is going to happen to you." of course I'm thinking in my head, "He ate lunch at 2 pm, it is now 6:30 pm. Surely if he ate rancid meat he would be barfing by now. right?" I said, at most I'd give it 24 hours, I'm sure your fine, it was definitely cooked well and has a bunch of spices and was obviously refrigerated. Other than not tasting as good as possible I'm sure your fine." I'm thinking, ok if it's food intoxication the evidence would be showing up before now or at least by now, if it's food infection it could take 24-48 hours to show up. Either way unless it's Clostridium botulinum or maybe like Salmonella or something it's probably not a big deal. He then said, "I think I might feel kinda sick." I looked at him and said "Nope, stop it, you felt fine just a minute ago! THAT is in your head!"
We then proceeded to have our dinner and watch various shows, I think he forgot by the time we got to bed that night. So far so good, he has not vomited, or felt any lockjaw setting in. *eye roll* so I guess this means I'm cleaning out the fridge today, and well, perhaps some lab label tape and a sharpie could go a long way in our fridge. i should follow the rules I set for my micro students about labeling your media. Thats really all that food is right?

*sigh*

Oh, and I am sooo glad it wasn't me. LOL, of course it would never BE me cause,well if something didn't smell quite right I wouldn't be eating it. Duh. *eye roll* I smell the milk EVERY TIME I open it. EVERY TIME.

*shiver* bleh.

Fox.

0 comments: