Lets see what happened today? Cause you see I can't come up with something poetic or amazing to blog about all the time. I guess thats why I didn't blog for so long. I kept thinking I needed to have something profound or exceedingly entertaining to say, and well I just can't promise that dear readers. Thats just way too much pressure.
Anyway, um, my mom and my sister came by my house today to give me a bit of company. Evidently after talking to my mom yesterday afternoon my mom asked my sis if she wanted to drive down to visit me here in the big city (40 minute drive) since I sounded bored and lonely. Wow, I didn't realize it was soo obvious! LOL, I have been bored and lonely and whats worse I had started to let myself go! Not that I'm a high maintenance person otherwise, but I had started to stay in my PJ's all day, not take a shower (for like one day people, I'm not too bad!) sleep till like 11:00, lay on the couch like a loser. I know it sounds luxurious, but honestly, you just get really lazy after a while and days start to slip by. It's not a good thing. Today since I had people coming I got up, took a shower (yay me!) got dressed, PUT ON MAKEUP! did my hair. when we got home from lunch I felt the energy to start cleaning out the pantry, I felt better than I had in quite a while.
So note to self after the baby is born #1 stay in contact with people, #2 try to at least shower and #3 dress in some kind of real clothes. I think these 3 simple rules will hopefully keep me sort of sane. I know to cut myself some slack, but I also know myself. I'll get kinda lazy depressed if I don't force myself into some kind of routine, or do something kinda useful. And yes I know taking care of a newborn is very useful but you know what I mean.
That was my lesson for today. Basically, to keep up with proper normal human hygiene, it'll keep ya off the prozac. As Martha would say it's a good thing.
Thursday, January 08, 2009
A little lesson I learned today
Posted by redfox1218 at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The husband and I just had a discussion about me being in my pj's all day. I'm not at a happy place right now. So I won't type more.
I showered this morning. I even did my hair. Then I put clean pj's on. Why not? Where was I going? Any need?
I think he's jealous.
B. Just buy yourself some scrubs. They are basically pajamas and when your dh complains you can tell him you are dressed just like some of the most well paid professionals out there! He is tewtally jealous!
Hmmm...cleaning the pantry--sounds like nesting behavior to me. Here's hoping!
He would tell me to get one of those naughty nurse outfits if I'm going to role play. Heh.
Post a Comment